One of the best parts of blogging is that I have an easy way to review my year. I can’t say that 2015 was my greatest year ever, but there are definitely things I’ve learned this year.
5. I earned my certification as a Third Age Woman educator. As someone who is in the beginning of the peri-menopausal phase of life, this course was educational for both personal and professional reasons. In addition to confidently helping perimenopausal women in person, I’m busy developing an online course to help other women develop strategies to balance fitness, hormones, and the priorities of life in their 40s and 50s. Subscribe to my newsletter if you’d like to know when it launches!
4. I’ve undertaken the longest training cycle in my nearly 30 years as a runner. In June 2015 I started prepping for a 5K on July 4th. That was the beginning of a training cycle that will peak (hopefully!) on May 29, 2016 in Durban, South Africa at the finish line of Comrades Marathon. I’ve had a busy fall of training and racing. The end of 2015 marks the halfway point– stay tuned for what’s coming to get me ready to toe the line in Pietermaritzburg in just under five months. (You can click on the Comrades tag on the right ————> to find all the blog posts about this adventure!)
3. I made my first attempt at blog post series this year. The first series was about aqua yoga— I absolutely LOVE aqua yoga, but since I can’t be with all of you poolside, sharing the highlights of this practice was the next best thing. I also ran a video blog series about How to Do A Pull Up. Looking for an achievable fitness milestone? Follow the videos and feel the confidence that comes with the strength and coordination of doing a pull up.
2. Even as my business grew this year, reaching more personal training clients and swimmers than ever, I was able to balance work and family. From the ways kids can help me see the world in different ways to how having older kids is really fun to the occasional night out as a family of five, I’ve enjoyed sharing the stories of my family with you.
1. I earned my certification as a Prenatal Kriya Yoga instructor. This is a bit of an ironic highlight to my year, as I don’t really teach prenatal yoga very often. However, the certification process was a fantastic education in yoga, and the summation retreat in California was one of the best few days of my whole year. It was a great reminder that when business growth and personal growth can happen simultaneously, I’m one lucky gal.
Hope your 2015 had some meaningful wins for you.
Here’s to good health and great happiness in 2016!
Congratulations to Robyn— she’s the winner of the Leonie Dawson 2016 Shining Life Workbook and wall calendar.
You didn’t win? BOO!!!
You can still order a Shining Life workbook or planner for yourself — order a .pdf version, and start filling it out right away! Go make a great life!