My love of fitness is intertwined with my relationship to my dad. He’s the one who taught me to love running, to seek out adventure, and to appreciate the times I spend hiking, swimming, jumping, shooting hoops, playing soccer, or just running around with my family.
Because Father’s Day is the perfect time for remembering all of those great times I’ve shared with my dad (and also shared with you), here’s a recap of my Top Five Father/Daughter Fitness Adventures:
5. Ziplining with My Family Tree, May 2010
4. Running my first 50K ultramarathon, December 2009
3. Hiking Half Dome, August 2009
2. Going for a run with my dad the morning of my wedding. I’ve never blogged about it, but it’s certainly one of my favorite memories of a day filled with love and joy. Our bond through running was profiled in the Austin American Statesman in December 2010.
1. My first Boston Marathon, April 1999
Good health and great happiness to you!
Happy Father’s Day, Dads!