10. Use a smaller plate. You’ll get the visual cue that you’re eating more food.
9. Serve food from the kitchen rather than the table.
8. After food has been plated in the kitchen, immediately pack up leftovers and put them in the refrigerator.
7. If eating out and ordering an entree, order a to-go box at the same time. Pack part of the meal immediately upon being served.
6. Rather than ordering an entree, inquire about the size of appetizer portions.
5. Eat fruits and vegetables first.
4. Drink a glass of water as soon as you sit down at the table.
3. Chew your food thoroughly. Allow your brain to get the message that you’re eating and satisfying your hunger.
2. Engage in mealtime conversation. Again, this gives you time for the brain to give the ‘all full’ signal.
1. Eat only when hungry, not just because everyone else is eating. If you’re not hungry, lead the conversation.
What are your top tips for eating less at mealtime? I’d love to hear them!
Good health and great happiness to you!