1. Kids in the bathtub? Do 10 squats, 10 pushups, 10 lunges then rest for 60-90 seconds. Repeat for up to 5 sets or until you can’t talk or the kids are all clean.
2. On the phone? March up and down a step (or sturdy step stool).
3. Waiting for water to boil? Put your hands on the counter and do supported pushups. You’re done when the water is ready.
4. Can’t decide whether to go for a walk or call a friend for a chat? Take your cell phone with you. Walk and talk and feel better in both body and mind.
5. Kids driving you crazy in the late afternoon? Have old school relay races—hop on one foot, run backwards, grapevine, etc– in the back yard.
6. No back yard? Crab walk or bear walk around the house.
7. Want to travel? Take an imaginary trip to the jungle, and imitate as many animals as you can think of. Adding noises earns bonus points.
8. Not feeling creative? Simply be as many verbs as you can: walk, run, jump, wiggle, dance, slide, shake, etc.
9. Need a full mind-body boost? Turn on some music to fit your mood and dance however your body leads you.
10. Stressed out? Consciously relax every part of your body by starting at the head and tensing then releasing each muscle group all the way down your body.